Sunday, October 10, 2010

Shadow Shot Sunday--The Greatest Man

Today's SSS is a bit more personal than most.
My Grandfather passed away this morning. It was a while in coming, so we knew, and we were blessed to be able to say everything we wanted and needed before the time came. And that brings comfort to me. As does the fact that he will go with God now, and be a Guardian Angel for my family. He will no longer be suffering in any way, and he can be as just as strong, and agile again as he once was.
My Grandfather was a GREAT Man. A little rough around the edges when he was younger, but a loving man, who provided for his family, sought to make every day better, and reveled in being a Grandfather (and then a Great Grandfather). He truly was the greatest man I ever knew. And if you know me, you also know he was more of a Father, than a Grandfather. He taught me about life, and love, and the value of hard work. He bettered me in everything I did, and is in large part the reason I am who I am today. He was the one that I measured my husband up to, before I married him, and the one I called on for advice. And though I can no longer hear his voice when I need advice, I know I can call on him anytime, and he will hear mine no matter where I am. I love you Bobba, and Thank you for everything.
This photo was taken of him last Aug at the lake, surrounded by family. His heart was shining on the inside, just as much as his smile is on the outside, because he was in his favorite place--with the people he loved. I've always loved the shadows from the tree above him.

Make the most of each day, tell those you love how much you care for them. And love with all your heart, always!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. You will miss him but sounds like you know he will be in your heart forever. You are lucky to have had a Grandpa like him!! Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful photo of your grandfather and this post is a lovely tribute to him. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your grandfather sounds like he was a very special person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful, beautiful shadow shot and photo of your grandfather. Peace and love be with you and your family at this time. {Hugs}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you were here! I welcome what you have to say!!