Friday, May 7, 2010

Sky Watch Friday--The Glory of the Texas Sky

I LOVE Texas Sunsets...Ok, I love any Sunset, but there is something about a Texas Sunset that just draws me in, and evokes all kinds of emotions. So, as we were heading home one night, I couldn't help but pull over and shoot this one. It was gorgeous. I actually changed the coloring on it a bit, I'll admit. It was VERY orange, the whole thing, and I loved it, but I like the contrast of colors this way. This is more true to how the sunset looked higher in the sky, away from the intense setting sun.



Since it's Sky watch FRIDAY, that means the Weekend is here!! YAY! I'm READY! Hope everyone has a Great Weekend! Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to know you were here!

To see other Sky photos, head over to Skywatch Friday by clicking the badge below!

12 comments:

  1. WoW! That's an amazing colored Texas sky! Absolutely wonderful capture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing your beautiful sunset with us. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly rich texture and color in that Texas sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very stunning!! I haven't seen like this but I hope soon. Happy weekend!

    SkyWatchFriday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too live in Texas but have not seen a sunset this pretty. Great post for today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such amazingly beautiful colours. What a wonderful capture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I have never seen a sunset with these colors before, they're incredibly brilliant! No wonder you love your Texas sunsets :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing shot. What a variety of colors - pink, purple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. truly exquisite colors! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, amazing capture! The colors are just stunning! Awesome photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd call that big sky country! Wow! amazing colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the colors and the bit of editing you did to capture the true glory of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you were here! I welcome what you have to say!!