Do you know what a Buddy Poppy is?? To many Americans its a Symbol of Pride, Sacrifice, Honor, Dignity, and mostly Support. Support for our Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW). My Husband is a Veteran. My Grandfather was a Veteran. My Husband's dad, Granddad, Great Grand dad, and Great Great Granddad, ALL Veterans. So when we were at a Chain store recently, and the local VFW Vets were outside handing out Buddy Poppies, My girls and I scooped them up. I explained to my girls what the Poppies were, who the men were, and why we wear them. Of course it all hit a little close to home! :) After leaving the store, I set them in the car so that I may look at them, and be thankful for my freedoms, and for those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for me, each time I get behind the wheel. Next time You see the VFW handing out Buddy Poppies, show your support, Wear it Proudly. And Please keep it, don't throw it away, or on the ground, they were made with care, and love for YOU to enjoy, and remember! If you'd like a complete History on the Buddy Poppy, click
here
As an Extra, here are my girls showing off their poppies:

To see More Rubies click the badge below, Have a Wonderful Tuesday, and Please Support our Troops!!
This is indeed great shot and very informative blog
ReplyDeleteWonderful Ruby Tuesday photos! I know what a Buddy Poppy is! Have not seen any being handed out around here yet this year.
ReplyDelete