Thursday, July 15, 2010

Writers Workshop: Mad at the Army

Every Thursday over on Mama's Losin It Mama Kat has a Writing Workshop. This week the prompt I chose was to "Write a poem about the last thing that made you mad." Well, I was just mad last night...this should be easy!! HA HA HA!

Mad at the Army
Twin Mattress and Frame, and early 70s Crib.
Bed of My Truck.
100 degree heat
and Sweat dripping-- OH YUCK!

Bunjee Cords and not enough room
needing 8 hands, and only have two.

My tailgate came off,
YES that's right, fell right into my hands!!!
Wishing my husband was there to help,
and cursing the Army for sending him back to the Sands!!


Ok..so, not the BEST poem I have ever written, but....it felt good to write, and now, reading this, I can laugh about it, and this only happened 12 hours ago!!! ;-)
To see other writings, head over to Mama's Losin it by clicking the badge below! Thanks for stopping by!


Mama's Losin' It

6 comments:

  1. Glad you feel better after writing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get how a tailgate comes off, but I hope your feet are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH! That sounds like a headache - hope hubby's home safe soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah!
    Bethany, They are made to come off, but the pressure of all the weight on the tailgate made it slip off its henge when I went to open it. Thankfully, they also have safety "cords" on them that are bolted in. Those saved my feet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad writing your poem made you feel better. I love the photo in your next post.

    Cheers :-)
    - Rainforest Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, ha. Understand your frustration and being mad at the Army! Why is it things always happen when the hubby is gone?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you were here! I welcome what you have to say!!