Saturday, July 24, 2010

Supporting our Troops and Families



It's No secret I proudly stand among the Silent Ranks, also known as an Army Wife. I have always been an avid supporter of my husband, and his career, even when I wasn't so happy with his employer (LOL). And I've always tried to be a "Mother Hen" to his soldiers. I send baked goods, and goody packages to them when deployed, made sure they had an endless supply of playing cards....that kind of thing. Since having two children, I've tried to instill pride, honor, and Patriotism into them. I've tried to make sure they understand the sacrifice our soldiers make for us, and have for 100s of years. More than that, I have tried to be there for their questions, and answer them honestly. I wasn't raised as a military child, but I can imagine what this life must be like for them. I was THRILLED when I stumbled upon a Group on Facebook called "I support Military Kids" Their Motto "We Honor the HERO and the CHILD" (to join, click here) They also have a blog (you might have noticed their Badge on the Right Hand Side of My Page...to go there, click Here)
All of that to say, I've become pretty active at both places. They are new, and up and coming, and I believe their services are Unique, and Their Message needs to be heard.
Our Troops need YOUR Support Now more then Ever. But all too often (and I speak from experience) the families who are supporting those soldiers, those HEROES, are forgotten. Especially, the littlest of those supporters.
So, I ask that you bookmark their Blog, and read it often. Join their FB community, but More than all of this, SUPPORT OUR HEROES AND OUR MILITARY FAMILIES in anyway you can!!!!



And, if you're so inclined, watched this short slide show that I Support Military Kids created. Its of readers photos, and quotes about why they love their HERO. I was SHOCKED and honored to find my quote, and one of my photos in it. I simply added a photo, because I was feeling the need for support the day my husband left to head back to Afghanistan. And my quote was the easiest question I've ever answered; Q: "Why do you love your HERO?" A:"Because he's brave enough to do what so many others aren't" Here's the Link to the Youtube video: Why Do you Love Your HERO?

Have a Wonderful day, remember to support our Troops, and Thank a Vet. And THANK YOU to I Support Military Kids/American Hero Hugs for their Support, and for their services!

Christmas 2008



Jan 2010



Here are a couple of past posts you might also like:
"I am the Child of a Soldier"
Daddy's Got Your Back

A Poem Dedicated to those of us among the Silent Ranks:

The Silent Ranks

Author: Unknown
I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens
But I am in the Army in the ranks rarely seen
I have no rank upon my shoulders - salutes I do not give
But the military world is the place where I live
I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get
But my husband is the one who does, this I can not forget
I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line
But my job is just as tough. I'm the one that's left behind
My husband is a patriot, a brave and prideful man
And the call to serve his country not all can understand
Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free
My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me
I love the man I married, Soldiering is his life
But I stand among the silent ranks known as the Army Wife

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos you have here on your Blog and great posts! I'm an ex-Navy wife - hubby retired aviator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by Ollie! You understand this life well, then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, photos, slideshow and poem!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you were here! I welcome what you have to say!!