Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ruby Tuesday-NASA (Johnson) Space Center

A couple of weeks ago we headed to the Johnson Space Center in Houston Texas. We had so much fun, despite the fact that we were down there while Hurricane Alex was hitting the Texas Coast. We spent much of our trip in wet clothes, and walking around in the rain, but what an awesome experience to be able to take our girls to! We saw actual rockets, training facilities still in use by astronauts (sadly, none while we were there), read remarkable history about the space program, walked through a shuttle cockpit, came face to face with the inner workings of a rocket 2 football fields long, and at least 2 stories tall!! But mostly, I hope we instilled in our girls that Space, Science, and Exploration isn't limited to men only. That just because they are girls, they can be interested in all of those things too! It was actually my oldest daughter's desire to go, she loves science! :-) And I believe this trip will stick with her for years to come, just as it the trip I took as a youngster did with me!







Happy Tuesday! To enjoy more Ruby Tuesday Photos click the Badge Below! Always remember to encourage your child to Reach for the stars!!!

7 comments:

  1. How exciting this must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of patriotic red (and white and blue) in those shots. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure it will stick in her young mind and may encourage her to study science more. Wish someday I could visit that place too. Love the photos thanks for sharing!

    Barnyard Express

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cool place to tour! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember going here many years ago when I was visiting friends in Houston. Thanks for the memories and thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great subject for Ruby Tuesday. It's an interesting place to visit and glad that Ainsley got to experience it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really a good place to take the kids. Good to know they had a blast! Glad to meet another Texan blogger. Hello from Houston :)

    I also featured NASA some time back :)

    http://www.thecraftista.com/2010/01/nasa-national-aeronautics-and-space.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you were here! I welcome what you have to say!!