Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ruby Tuesday--Annie

I love living near a large city, especially when that city happens to be Austin Texas. Its a great city. Diverse, the people are friendly, and there is always something to do. Especially in the Summer. And Often times, those things to do, are FREE! Every year the Zilker Theatre Productions puts on a Free Summer show at the Zilker Ampitheatre. One year hubby and I saw South Pacific--GREAT show! Last year we took our oldest Daughter to see the Music Man. This year we didn't make the production while Hubby was home for R&R, but my daughter still really wanted to see it. So, we made the trek in to downtown Austin for the show, just she and I. It was a Girls Date night! What fun! We got fruit smoothies on the way in, enjoyed the show immensely, and then on the way home hit another Austin Favorite AMY'S ICE CREAM!
I don't know about you, but when I hear the word "annie" I automatically think RED hair, and RED dress! Perfect for Ruby Tuesday! :-)






To see other Rubies, head over the Work of the Poet by clicking the Ruby Tuesday badge to the right (I can't get my embedded one to work for some reason) Thanks for stopping by! Happy Tuesday!


6 comments:

  1. You're right - it is perfect for RT! Sounds like a great outing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie is one of my all-time faves! Great pictures, too. I can hear them singing that song...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only visited Austin once and it was a wedding I didn't had a chance to roamed around the city but I already feel that the city is gorgeous, the ambiance is welcoming. Happy Tuesday!

    Red Fireworks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I as well have never been to Austin, I think it is a trip I need to take one day. I loved the movie as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Austin is great. Traffic gets me sometimes though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep. Nothing better than Annie for Ruby Tuesday! So glad you two got to go see it together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you were here! I welcome what you have to say!!