Friday, August 27, 2010

Sky Watch Friday--Hungry Seagulls

WOW! It's been a busy, exhausting last couple of weeks. I hate it when I can't post to the blog, but last week I was gone all week, and this week school has started. Along with Girl Scouts, and Gymnastics........I don't know if the girls are tired, but I can't remember ever being as worn out as I have been this past week!!!
BUT, last week we took a very quick, though relaxing trip to the beach! I able to capture many shots for many different photo challenges, so I'm sure you'll be seeing beach photos for a while!! :)
Today's Skywatch photo is of the Seagulls down on the Texas Coast. When I was a kid, my parents taught me how with a few flicks of your arm, you could go from having zero seagulls, to almost everyone on the beach flying over your head. I don't know how these guys see that arm moving up and down from what seems like miles away, but they sure do! I've since pasted the tradition of feeding the gulls onto my daughters. It's some what intimidating, but always So much fun to have these creatures of flight gracefully gliding around your head...and they are AMAZING at catching food in mid air!!



To see other Sky High Photos, click the Skywatch Friday badge on the right side of my blog! Have a GREAT weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Love your gulls in flight...Is there anything more beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, amazing birds. it seems they're so free...soring high!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The seagulls show up beautifully against that super blue Texas beach sky!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you were here! I welcome what you have to say!!