Sunday, September 26, 2010

Shadow Shot Sunday--By The light of a Candle

This past week, my oldest and I decided to leave the TV off, and spend the evening talking and enjoying each others company. Then she decided it would be more fun with all the lights off, and all the candles lit! I Love candle light. Its warm, inviting glow, especially at night. I love to watch the shadows dance all the walls and ceilings. As I was sitting there, I realized just how many interesting shadowy shapes surrounded me, and I grabbed my camera.




If you look closely at the first one, there are shadows from 2 different lamps. The next is of my daughter behind her new shawl backlit by a candle. Kind of an eerie image. And lastly, the ceiling in my dining room from a candle sitting on the table. I loved the perfectly spherical shadow, with slight shadowy specks darting out from the edges of the circle, created by what little light made it's way out the sides of the mosaic candle holder from which the candle sat.

To see other Shadowy Shots, head over to Hey Harriet's Blog, by clicking the Badge below! Have a Great Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. These are cool! Much more interesting than TV any old day! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the shadow shapes and pictures you can make a night. very cool shots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Shadows!! What fun to spend the evening talking by candlelight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you were here! I welcome what you have to say!!