Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Weekend in Black and White--Architecture

I have a fascination with architecture, and have for years. I don't know when it started, but I'm pretty sure if it wasn't started, it was very much deepened when I took a Music Appreciation Class in College. The class had VERY little to do with Music, and more to do with the Arts as a whole. (we even had to sculpt a bar of soap into a face once!!) It was during this class that I really learned more about the lines and angles of architecture. I sat entranced during the weeks we studied this subject. And, ever since, I have a great appreciation for unique doorways, arches, carvings in buildings, etc.
While living in Western New York, we went into Downtown Buffalo once, and it was like I had hit the Jackpot of Architecture photo ops!! Today's "Weekend in Black and White" is from that trip. If I remember correctly, this was the side of the Court House. But, who had time to pay attention to what building it was???? All I wanted was a good shot of the People carved into the side!! The Windows were also intriguing.



To see other Photos in Black and White, Click Here. Enjoy your weekend, and have a Great new Week!

3 comments:

  1. Great shot! I also love taking pictures of architecture...I think we'll enjoy each other sites! Thank you for signing up to follow me...I'm following you. too...:)

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful designs! I love the delicacy of the carvings, and the intricate designs next to the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible detail. It really stands out in this black and white!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you were here! I welcome what you have to say!!