Friday, April 9, 2010

SkyWatch Friday-The Hunt

This morning was cool, and beautiful with blue skie and light airy clouds, so my little one and I jumped in the car in search of Wildflowers to photograph. Little did I know, I would get today's Sky Watch photo (I already had one) ;)
Growing up in the Hill Country of Texas, I learned much about the way the world turns, how one thing, is always hunting another. The Circle of Life, if you will. And I've seen road kill on the side of the highway being devoured by Vultures (Buzzards), and I've seen said Buzzards circle their meal before going in, but never have I watched them circle and go in for the taking--Until today! Unfortunately about 10 feet of trees blocked me from whatever they were consuming, but I could hear them dive into the trees, and shake them around. It was fascinating for some strange reason. So, my Sky Watch Friday photos are over my ever closer approach (by car) to this Completely natural, and raw event. (remember to see any image larger, click on it)

Seeing them Circling from afar:


Parallel to their meal:


Two Circling:


Going in:


There you have it!! Just goes to show, keep your mind open to finding a shot, and it will be there!! :) I guess you'll have to see my original shot next week!! Thank for stopping by, would love to know you were! Feel free to comment about anything you've seen on my blog, and have a GREAT weekend!

To see other Skywatch photos, click on the badge below

7 comments:

  1. Wow...your sky is so blue! We are under the rain, wind and cold. It's so good to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...yummy. LOL I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe you might NOT want to see what they are so intense on devouring. Great photos by the way! The sky is so blue and the last one of the vulture going in is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular shots. Very beautiful views.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shots! What a lucky capture! Vultures have such a bad reputation, but are really quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures. Their meal must be yummy - for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you were here! I welcome what you have to say!!