Thursday, March 25, 2010

Taken with my Cell Phone Thurs-New Leaves

I have been working in my yard for three days now. Our floods in Sept brought a bunch of weeds, and things into our yard, which of course I didn't know until Spring showed up, and so did all of they! Frustrates me SO much! We work hard to keep our yard weed free, soft, nice green grass. It isn't always easy with the Texas summers. But we take pride in it, want a nice yard for our girls to play in, and really enjoy it ourselves. Today was an especially icky day, because I thought I was done with the yard work until we had a mowing service for the first time ever come in. They did a nice job, but didn't bag all the spots. So I went around and started raking, thinking it wouldn't be a big deal. I ended up raking, and bagging MORE weeds, the cut grass, and decomposing leaves in a back corner no one ever goes in (that was mostly to help keep snakes at bay, since we found a family of them in our yard today!) For almost 4 hours!!!!!!! I was SO tired and sore when all was said and done. But in the midst of all of that back breaking labor, I looked up, and noticed our trees are finally budding new leaves!! The beautiful light green buds against a blue sky with a bright sun was a calming scene. Just what I needed at that time!! :) I had my cell phone in my pocket, and snapped this photo!



I'm so happy Spring is here...its an ok season...but what it really means is SUMMER is on its way...and I *LOVE* Summer!!!! :)

To participate in the "Taken with my Cell Phone Thurs" Challenge, or to see others, head over to Sandy's blog "From the heart of Texas" and join in the fun!!! Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo Aubrey! A lot of our trees are starting to bud now too. The fruit trees have all bloomed but the leaf trees are just now budding. The pecan trees will still wait a while. I think they are they ones that when they bud you know there will be no more cold weather! Take a day of rest!! Sounds like you might need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :)I've heard that about Pecan trees. When they start to bud, that is when you know to plant your garden. I don't have any around me, so I guess you'll have to tell me when they bloom!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you were here! I welcome what you have to say!!