Thursday, March 11, 2010

Taken with my Cell Phone Thurs--Recycled Treasures

"One Man's Trash is another Man's Treasure" I LOVE this phrase, and believe it completely. You can look at it as "recycling" even, if you want. Some just call it dumpster diving. I don't much care for that phrase....it seems so ICKY!! ;-) So..I stick with recycling. And so...today's cell phone photo is of the new project I have bestowed upon myself! A RECYCLED desk for my daughter. She Desperately needs one, and we've looked for almost a year for one. I finally found one I thought was adorable, though more money than I wanted to spend for her. It was classic, and white, with a little hutch on the top, with a cork board..ADORABLE! My free spirited 8 year promptly asked "Can I paint it, and decorate it the way *I* want it" Ummm...NOOOOO!!! So, we left the store, and the desk stayed there! ;-)
Within a few days of that conversation, our problems were solved when the couple across the street from us moved, and threw out a TON of stuff...including, and sturdy, 5 drawer desk! A little sanding, and a little painting, it will be PERFECT for my daughter....and YES...she can decorate it until she is blue in the face, cause all this desk cost me was some sandpaper, and paint!!! ;-) We were both happy!



In case you noticed..the far right drawers DO have handles, I had just already taken them off to start sanding when I decided to take a photo for today's challenge!! ;-)
To see what others are snapping away on their cell phones, head on Over to Sandy's blog From the Heart of Texas...while you're there, PLAY ALONG!! :)

2 comments:

  1. A great find! And a perfect "Taken with my Cell Phone"photo! So what color are we painting it. Will it have flowers all over it or big colorful dots. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Great project for an 8 year old and her mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, currently I'm not sure what color it's going to be. Initially it was going to be Purple with either flowers all over, or one big one in the center on the top. Then she decided BLACK with flowers (her furniture is maple, and everything else in her room is pink or purple...so I'm not so sure about BLACK) Only time will tell!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you were here! I welcome what you have to say!!