Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ruby Tuesday--Ruby Red....BOOT

This week I had to go dig through my archives again. I'm glad Spring is just around the corner...I need to get out and take some new Ruby Red Photos!! Today's is of a Ruby Red BOOT...Wonder what Dorothy would have thought about Ruby red BOOTS to get her home!?!? :)
A couple of years ago, on a trip through West Texas, I came across this fence lined with boots, old and new. It was unique, a little shocking, and just plain WEIRD!
The most perplexing (and fitting for today's challenge) was a pair of BRAND NEW red boots. Why would someone put an unused pair of boots out for the weather?!?! I don't know, I never even saw a person drive down the back country road I was on...that's how far out into no where I was. Which begs the question of not only WHY, but WHO????
It certainly ranks up there with strange and unusual things you can find, if you just keep your eyes open! Part of what I love about Texas back roads....you will ALWAYS find SOMETHING to photograph!



Though it doesn't really fit the Ruby Red theme, here's what the whole fence looked like (and went down the other way (behind me) also!


Hope you've had better luck getting out and getting some Ruby Red Photos! To play along, or just to check out others Rubies, head over to Work of the Poet

5 comments:

  1. That's a big RED mystery. It's a nice boot, too. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very interesting !Great Pics !
    Blessings,
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very odd to us that happen upon it but I'm sure it has a reason and a meaning to those of that community. Perhaps, sadly the boots are to honor those who have passed away which would explain the new boots. As I can't see anyone leaving them unless they bought them on sale and or they'd outgrown them. Anyway...it's a fabulous red for Ruby Tuesday! I agree...I need to find new red things to photograph it's been a great while since I posted for Ruby Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone!
    Sandy, that's an interesting thought you have...maybe it is symbolic. I just figured it was someone's way of being different!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure which is more unusual, all those boots on the fence, or the red ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you were here! I welcome what you have to say!!