I've always been intrigued by the "Days of Ole" I'm sure if I could time travel, and know what I know now, living in the 1800s, and traveling across country in a covered wagon, eating by camp fire every night, washing and hanging my clothes to dry all by hand, wouldn't be my idea of "fun" But I have always wished I could, briefly, know what it was like to live in the 1800s. Curiosity gets the best of me when it comes to this era. I'm drawn in by the clothes, the inventions--and the minds it took to come up with such big Ideas--the customs, the large Southern Plantations, the morals, and work ethic, etc.
So, when I was at the Zoo this past week and ran across this authentic Covered Wagon, with back open, and dishes sitting there, and the big RUBY wheels, I knew this would be my subject for Ruby Tuesday this week. My daughter didn't think it was REAL...I'm not sure if it is real, or a real good replica, but in either case, you could almost hear the horses around you, the clinking of the metal pot as fire brewed coffee was poured into a metal cup, and the fire as it crackled in the background.



We're all having a "Hootin, Hollarin" of a Time with Ruby Tuesday photos over at
Work of The Poet Come join us!
Love it! What fun. My dad wasn't born in the 1800s LOL but do remember his story of how his family moved from Arkansas to New Mexico in a covered wagon when he was 8 years old. When driving west of Weatherford I often look at the terrain and think how in the world did they do it with no road over those valleys, and hills and shrubs and creeks. Goodness. Love you photos and real or not it's a great subject for Ruby Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteI love this , great ruby Pics !
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
~Myrna
Sandy, I often wonder too, part of the allure to me. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Daylily
Oh I love that! Happy Ruby Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteLove seeing these types of things! So fun, but very interesting too!
ReplyDelete